(Mail to: P.O. Box 371)
"I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep."
1. God loves you and desires to save you.
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16; see also 1 Timothy 2:4, 1 Timothy 1:15, Luke 19:10)
2. Because of sin you cannot understand God's salvation, so He gives you His Spirit to reveal salvation to you. (He teaches you how to be saved.)
For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. (1 Corinthians 2:11-14)
3. Through the law, the Holy Spirit teaches you concerning your condition of sin and punishment for sin, and brings you to sorrow over sin.
...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23; see also Romans 3:20; Romans 3:10-12, 18; Romans 6:23; John 3:36; Hebrews 9:27; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Matthew 25:32, 41, 30)
4. Through the gospel, the Holy Spirit teaches you that salvation is provided by Jesus Christ.
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12; see also John 14:6; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 3:24; 1 John 2:2; 1 Peter 3:18; Romans 5:8)
5. Through the hearing of law and gospel the Holy Spirit brings you to repentance and faith.
* In sorrow you confess your sin.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9; see also Luke 18:13-14; Hebrews 3:7; Psalm 32:5-6)
* In faith you receive Jesus Christ, are declared righteous in His sight, and are given assurance of salvation in Him.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name... (John 1:12; See also Ephesians 1:7; Ephesians 2:4-6; Ephesians 2:8-9; Revelation 3:20; Mark 16:16; 1 John 5:11-13; John 5:24)
6. Upon receiving Jesus, He comes to dwell within your heart.
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (Galatians 2:20; see also Colossians 1:7; Romans 8:10; John 17:23; 2 Corinthians 5:17)
7. When Jesus lives within your heart, He continues to transform your life making you daily more and more Christ-like.
Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things. (Romans 12:1-2; see also 2 Peter 1:3-4; Philippians 1:6; Matthew 5:16; Galatians 6:9-10; Philippians 2:3-4; 1 John 3:18; Matthew 26:26-28; 1 Corinthians 10:16)
8. At the end of life, Jesus receives you into His heavenly home, brings you to perfection, and brings you to live with Him forever.
Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. (John 14:1-3; see also Philippians 3:20-21; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
If you would like to know more about Good Shepherd Free Lutheran Church, here are some options:
* Contact us using our contact form
* Send an email to
* Call us at (605) 427-9400 - please leave a message and we will get back with you